Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sweet Saturday

Holding Jami for the first time...


Just before we left for the hospital to be induced!!!


Today is a gray, rainy day...My biggest ambition is to get some groceries today, but right now, Jami is sleeping next to me, the most beautiful vision in the world. This has been a big week for us in terms of sleeping. On Sunday night I decided it was time for her to sleep in her own bed, 'just see how it goes' I told myself. I wasn't exactly convinced it was a good idea, I have loved sleeping with her, but can't last forever and I have been 'warned' by absolutely everyone that she will never be able to sleep on her own if I don't change things, although, I never really slept with my parents and I have never done well sleeping on my own, so there. :p Aaanyway...so Sunday night I nursed and rocked her to sleep, laid her down in her crib, and held my breath. I stood there, just waiting for her to wake up so I could gladly scoop her up and snuggle her back into our bed and chalk the whole idea up to failure. But, this didn't happen, she kept on sleeping, I took the monitor into my room, I stared, I waited, nothing. Not a peep. I shed tears, I couldn't sleep, but she snoozed away peacefully. Chris called me crazy, 'This isn't that big a deal.' Not a big deal?!?! My BABY! All alone! Sleeping in 'baby jail' as I like to call it. I layed awake, staring at that monitor, willing her to wake up, finally falling asleep in sadness as she did not need me. Finally at 1:30...she rustled, whined, I let it go...YES! A full on cry! Mommy is coming!!! I gladly scooped her out of her crib and into bed with me. But fear not naysayers, the next night, she slept, all through the night, in her crib. Dang. I have weaned off of nursing this week too, and we have been working on rice cereal which is going better. What a big, sad week. I am finding that having a baby is one beautiful heartache after another. I have never been so extremely happy and heartbroken so many times a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment